What Is The Best Red Wine?
Best red wine? That is a question I have been asked a lot, and it is a tough question to answer!
I have enjoyed all the types of wine, from the driest full-bodied red to the sweetest dessert wine, paired it with all sorts of delicious meals and enjoyed them by themselves. I've visited wine country, toured wineries, spoken to winemakers and tasted the delicious nectar where it was grown.
Let me tell you, there is nothing quite like feeling the cool breeze that helps grow the grapes while enjoying the wine made in the very vineyard you are looking out on.
How To Start Discovering Red Wine:
In order to know what the best wine is for you, you have to start trying different types. I started by trying the sweeter, fruitier types of reds, because, well, everything sweet tastes good, right?
Next, I moved on to explore and enjoy Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir is a very versatile, lighter and fruitier wine. It is easy to drink and easy to pair as it matches well with anything.
I compared Pinot Noir from California to Burgundy to Germany.
It is interesting how climate can change how these little berries turn into wine. This method also helped me to understand more about all the wines I tried later and develop what I like and do not like.
I tried Beaujolais next, then Shiraz, Zinfandel, Merlot, Chianti, Tempranillo, Malbec, Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon, Nebbiolo, not to mention any of the red wine blends. Wine blends, depending on how much of each grape it consists of, can be sweet and fruity or dry and robust.
Discover Wine For Yourself
This site has grown from that initial question about "best wine." By now you must know the answer...
They all are! Each wine is unique, from the location, the climate, the weather... and most importantly, your taste.
On this site I share with you:
- Wine regions
- Types of wine
- Wine glasses
- Gifts for wine lovers
- Wine of the Month Clubs
- Health Benefits of Wine
- 11 tips on how to remove wine stains
- And much more
Come back and visit often as this site is growing! Or, you can have the enjoyment of wine come to you -- Don't miss a thing!
There are four ways to make RedWineTourGuide.com come to you:
Stay up to date on everything wine related by getting blog update notices at your favorite RSS Reader. You will be notified the minute they are posted here. (What is RSS?)
I tweet, you tweet, RedWineTourGuide.com tweets, too! Get information on red wine in 140 characters. Best part? Twitter is a two-way street. Reach me directly there with any questions or comments you may have. Click here and then click the Follow button over there.
Go to the RedWineTourGuide.com Facebook page and click the Like Button. You can also simply click the Like Button at the top right of this page or just below. You will receive great information and updates on the site.
If you prefer Google Plus, you can find me there too.
I look forward to taking this wonderful and interesting journey with you! We will discover the possibilities of a life-long enjoyment of wine together.
This is going to be a wonderful adventure!
- The Red Wine Blog
- The Red Wine Blog keeps you in the loop on all the newest information on RedWineTourGuide.com. Subscribe here.
- Gifts for Wine Lovers - Special Gifts For Special People
- Here you will find great gifts for wine lovers - gift baskets, wine glass charms, wine openers, wine racks and much more for that special person.
- 14 Types of Red Wine: Discover & Choose the Right Wine for any Occasion
- These 14 types of red wine are the most common red wine types. Find out what each tastes like so you can choose the perfect red wine.
- Beautiful Red Wine Glasses For Any Occasion
- Red wine glasses come in a variety of styles, shapes and colors. From casual to chic, from modern to antique, you will find the perfect wine glass set for you here.
- Pinot Noir Wine: Discover The World's Pickiest Grape
- Discover where Pinot Noir wine is made, who makes it and why Pinot Noir is one of the best wines to buy.
- Napa Valley Vacations: What To See, Where To Stay, What To Do
- Napa Valley Vacations are full of excitement. Discover wineries, hotels, B&B’s, extra adventures and more.
- California Winery Guide: Where To Taste The Best California Wine
- This California Winery guide will help you discover the best of the best in all the California wine regions.
- French Wine Guide - Everything You Need To Know About French Wine
- In this French wine guide you will learn about French wine regions, how to read a French wine label and much more to help you choose the perfect French wine for your taste.
- Spanish Wines - Explore All The Wines from Spain
- Spanish wines are made all over the country. Find out about the most famous Spanish red wines, up-and-coming wine regions and even where to take Spain wine tours.
- Discover Delicious Italian Red Wine - Perfect For Any Occasion
- Italian red wine is some of the best red wine in the world. Try some of these delicious choices, discover Italian wine regions, wine glasses, wine tours and more.
- 11 Australian Red Wine Makers - Which Have You Tried?
- Australian red wine is big and full-bodied, with lots of flavor. Enjoy any of the wines from these 11 wonderful Australian wineries.
- Wine Of The Month Club Review
- If you are looking to join a wine of the month club, there are hundreds for you to choose from. Find out what the best wine clubs offer you.
- About Me - Why I Started RedWineTourGuide.com
- This page is about me, my love of life and my enjoyment of red wine. Here is where you will learn why I decided to start RedWineTourGuide.com
- Contact Me
- Here is where you can contact me, the Red Wine Tour Guide.